Science Hill Daily Announcements
- Science Hill defeated Volunteer in Conference Volleyball last night. It was Senior night at Science Hill. Seniors Chloe Foster, Caitlin Crockett, & Abby Stout led their team in the win! Scores were: 16-25, 25-18, 25-19, 25-23. Way to go, Toppers!
- The 11th & 12th grade Beta Club will meet Tuesday, September 26 after school in room 417. New members should bring dues and applications back at this meeting. You can also pick up your Trick or Treat for UNICEF boxes for our first project. Any juniors wishing to run for Treasurer, should pick up an officer application. Elections will be in October. New members are still welcome! See Mrs. Keller to pick up applications or pay dues before or after school or between 1st and 2nd period on Tuesday if you cannot make it to the meeting.
- Applications for the Governor’s School for the Arts can be found at gsfta.com. Completed applications must be turned in to your counselor by Friday, October 27th.
- The next HOSA meeting will be Tuesday September 26th in room 902 in the CTE building. Please remember to bring your completed membership form and your dues that day. Application forms are available from any of the Health Science teachers.
- The Young Democrats will have their second meeting on Monday, Sept. 25th, from 2:45-3:30 in Ms. Martinez's rm. A263. See you there!
- The Beta Club 9-10 will meet on Monday, September 25, 2017 in Mrs. Laufenberg’s room, Room 403B, from 3:00 to 3:30. Students who still want to join the club are welcome. Dues of $20.00 must be paid at this time.
- Next week, September 25th-29th, has been designated as College App Week at Science Hill. Opportunities will be available for seniors to begin, continue, or finish the college application process in planning for life after high school. If you haven’t started the process, look for an invitation from your counselor sometime next week. There will be plenty of resources to help and answer questions. Seniors, see your counselor for more details!
- Seniors: Friday is the last day to register for the ACT retake in October. Please complete the form delivered to you through Canvas to register. See your counselor or Mr. Wood with any issues.
- Financial Aid Night will be held for SH Students at ETSU, on Tuesday, September 26, at the D.P. Culp Center at 6 p.m. Get an early start applying for Financial Aid. This information will apply to all colleges and universities.
Applications for the 2018 Tennessee Governor’s Schools (except Governor’s School for the Arts) can be found at the following website: https://www.tn.gov/education/topic/tdoe-governors-schools. Current qualified sophomores and juniors will download the entire application, contact their teachers for Confidential Recommendations, and submit complete, signed applications, and answers to questions to their counselor by November 8th. Teachers will submit their recommendations for
Seniors: Please click on the link below for Google forms ACT registration process.
The Science Hill High School Sports Hall of Fame Committee will be accepting nominations forms for the next class. The deadline to submit forms is September 22nd, 2017. The nomination form can be found at http://www.sciencehillathletics.com/ or in the school offices. Please send detailed information about the nominees High School athletic accomplishments, academic accomplishments and collegiate honors if applicable. Newspaper articles and any other pertinent information is helpful. Please send nomination info to: Josh Carter